Saturday, January 8, 2011

Why blog?

I registered this blog over a year ago, and forgot about it. Today I decided that my desire to meet other photographers and gain feedback was strong enough to finally share my thoughts and photography.
I recently bought a Nikon D90. But I still shoot with a 6 year old Lumix DMC-FX7 because of the convenience and the Leica lens. I also have a few toy cameras with film that's been waiting to be developed for so long I can't remember what I shot.
I've been using my Evo's camera a lot lately. It's difficult to get a great shot with it, but it's nice to always have a pretty decent camera with me.
I've been working with SLR's since I was a teenager. My dad taught me how to use it. I furthered my education in a high school photography classes and various college courses. I have everything to set up a black and white dark room, but have never set it up. Never had the room or the money for the chemicals. I always loved working in the dark room. The elements of quiet concentration, timing and chemistry could keep me in there for hours. I'm currently searching for a home. Hopefully I'll find one with room for my first darkroom.
My husband and I are trying to plan a trip to Europe in the spring. I'm so excited about the photographic opportunities there. Also the chance to meet my distant cousins who live in the Italian Alps. We're just starting to plan, so we'll see what happens. I'm really hoping it's not going to be so expensive that we'll be paying for it for years.
So, that's a basic summary of what's going on with me right now. What's going on with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment